Make a concentrated effort to enjoy the season.
Some fun tips from VRC:
- Get your vitamin D by getting outside at least once a day
- Take a walk and enjoy the change in nature and the “circle of life”
- Eat special seasonal treats, like pumpkin donuts or apple cider
- Get into the spirit of the season – decorate for whatever holiday is approaching – Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, Valentines Day
- Smile and laugh often. If someone doesn’t have a smile to give, let them have yours!
Here is a great article about the blues from msnbc by Jeffrey Rossman, PhD: Lighten Up! How to beat back the winter blues.
This recipe is highly recommended (I prefer to omit the nutmeg)